We're midway through January already, and here's how my goals are progressing so far:
- No loaf of bread yet, but maybe this weekend.
- I started doing Essentrics at home nearly every day up until last Saturday, when I got hit with a cold. Stupid winter.
- I'm baking a few chalkboard mugs to list on Etsy. Next up will be pictures and listing details.
- Haven't even started the photo project, but I did frame the rest of my other prints and hung a few in the dining room. Now we eat breakfast facing a gallery wall of German Silent Expressionist Cinema meets Ancient Egypt meets Victorian Brighton.
On the other hand, we've had a pretty packed January filled with
non-goals: we held a giant birthday party for Chris at our house, saw
Lake Street Dive, gone to the Burren and the Lizard Lounge, went to
dinner and a movie with our friends down the street, made an amazing
asparagus soup with an immersion blender, and are on a green smoothie
kick. Chris has one every morning. I had my first today... (and hoping
that's the secret to why he didn't catch my cold!)
OH!! And I took a chocolate-making class in the Back Bay! I'd bought the Groupon for it before I'd even moved out here, and it was totally worth it! We made almond bark, truffles (dark and milk chocolate, plus Grand Marnier!), and filled chocolates (dark, milk, and cinnamon-flavored!) Here's a small sampling of what we got to take home:


No comments:
Post a Comment